SMOKEHOUSE SRIRACHA BBQ SANDWICH with GARLIC AIOLI
● 4 slices of seeded sandwich bread
● Plant Provisions Smokehouse Slices
● Butter Lettuce
● 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or other flavorless oil
● 8 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 1⁄3 cup ketchup
● 2⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
● 2⁄3 cup rice vinegar
● 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup brown sugar, sweeten to your liking
● 1⁄2 cup Sriracha
● 1⁄4 cup vegan Worcestershire sauce
● 2 limes, juiced
● 2 tablespoons maple syrup
● 1 tablespoon onion powder
● 3⁄4 cup Purple cabbage, thinly sliced
● Lime juice, to taste
● 1⁄4 cup aquafaba (the liquid from canned chickpeas)
● 3 cloves garlic
● 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
● 3⁄4 cup avocado oil, or other flavorless oil
● Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make your Sriracha BBQ Sauce -
1. To a sace pot over medium heat, add avocado oil and chopped garlic. Sauté for 3 seconds, until fragrant.
2. Lower heat to low and add ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sriracha,
vegan worcestershire, 2 juiced limes, maple syrup, and onion powder. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring often until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
3. Remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool to room temperature.
- Make your Slaw -
1. In a small bowl, add thinly sliced cabbage, lime juice to taste, and salt. Massage well with your hands to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Make your Garlic Aioli -
1. To a blender or small food processor, or using a stick blender, add aquafaba, garlic, and salt and blend until frothy, just a few seconds.
2. Set the blender to a low speed and slowly stream in your oil. Allow the oil to trickle in to emulsify properly.
3. Once you have achieved a thick and creamy mayo-like consistency, stop adding oil.
4. Transfer aioli to a clean jar and place in the fridge to cool down before using.
- Build your Sandwich -
1. Toast your bread to your liking.
2. To the base of your bread, add a thick schmear of garlic aioli and top with crisp butter lettuce.
3. Load on Plant Provisions Smokehouse Slices and top with cabbage slaw.
4. Drizzle on Sriracha BBQ sauce and top with your other pieces of bread. Enjoy!