MESQUITE JALAPEÑO POPPERS
12 jalapeńos, halved and deseeded
8 oz. vegan cream cheese
½ cup shredded vegan cheese, divided and diced finely
¼ cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon salt
½ lemon, juiced
Plant Provisions Mesquite Slices, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice your jalapeńos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and place on your baking sheet.
- Slice your Plant Provisions Mesquite slices in half.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, ¼ cup shredded cheese, bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, spices, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust for seasonings.
- Fill each jalapeńo with half of a Plant Provision Mesquite slice and then a good spoonful of the cream cheese filling and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the peppers are soft and the top is golden brown.