BBQ BREAKFAST SANDWICH
● 2 “Just Egg” omelet, folded
● Vegan cheddar cheese slices
● 2 Burrito size tortilla or wrap of choice
● 1 cup Arugula
● Plant Provisions Mesquite BBQ Slices
● 1 russet potato, peeled
● 2.5 tablespoons vegan butter
● Salt and pepper, to taste
● Chili oil for dipping (link to chili oil recipe from March “Spicy Chili Bagel Sandwich”)
● Make Hash Browns: Shred potato into a large bowl filled with cold water and stir until cloudy, drain, and cover potatoes with cold water again. Repeat to dissolve remaining starch. Drain potatoes and pat dry and squeeze out any excess moisture. Heat 1. tablespoons of vegan butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle potatoes into the hot butter and season with salt and pepper/. Cook potatoes until they have a brown crust on the bottom, about 3-5 minutes. Continue to stir and cook the potatoes until they are browned all over. About another 3-5 minutes and remove from the pan.
● In the middle of your burrito size tortilla, add 1⁄2 of the arugula and sprinkle with salt and a dash of olive oil and then layer on half of the hashbrowns. Layer on Plant Provisions Mesquite BBQ slices. Top with 1 of the Just Egg Omelets and a slice of vegan cheddar cheese.
● Fold the tortilla over, pulling the sides up in sections bringing everything to the middle to
fully cover the filling. (Think crunch wrap style wrapping).
● To the same pan as before add the remaining vegan butter and place the tortilla - flap side down on the pan. Press it and hold it to make sure the tortilla sticks together. Cook for about 3 minutes to get nice and toasty and the cheese melts. Flip and cook and additional 2-3 minutes to brown the other side. Repeat with the remaining tortilla.