TRUFFLE AND CHEESE SOURDOUGH CLUB
● 4 slices of thick cut sourdough bread
● Plant Provisions Truffle Slices
● Dairy Free Boursin Cheese
● Fresh Spinach
● Handful of Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
● Lemon juice
● 1⁄2 large onion, thinly sliced
● 1 cup all purpose flour
● 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
● 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
● Avocado oil, or other flavorless oil for frying
● 4 tablespoons vegan butter
● Make your fried onions. Combine flour, salt, and paprika in a large bowl. Add about 2 inches of oil to a Dutch oven or deep pot and heat to 375F. Toss onions into flour mixture
to lightly coat, shaking off any excess. Fry onions in batches, about 1 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
● In a clean pan over medium heat, add half of the vegan butter. Once melted, add slices of sourdough and toast on each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and sprinkle each salt with a pinch of salt. Add the remaining butter and repeat with the last 2 slices of sourdough.
● On both halves of your toasted sourdough, spread a generous amount of dairy free boursin cheese. On the bottom half, later on fresh spinach and top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Add plenty of Plant Provisions Truffle slices and top with fried onions and top with the other half of bread. Repeat to build a second sandwich.