Chipotle Chili + Wild Truffle Sandwich
● 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
● 1 cup of water
● ¼ cup of granulated sugar
● 1 TBSP of kosher salt
● 4 cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled
● 2 red chili peppers, thinly sliced (remove seeds if you want it less spicy)
● 7 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced (remove seeds if you want it less spicy)
● 3 tablespoons Vegan Mayo
● 3-4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
● 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
● Pretzel buns, cut in half
● Vegan cheddar cheese
● Plant Provisions Chipotle Chili Slices
● Plant Provisions Wild Truffle Slices
1. Make your pickled jalapenos. Add the white vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir often. Bring to a boil, then simmer until sugar and salt are dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly. In a large measuring cup with a spout, mix the garlic, chili peppers, and jalapeno peppers. Pour cooled mixture over top, then stir to combine. Pour into mason jars, then refrigerate until use.
2. Make your vegan Dijonaise. Mix together your vegan mayo, mustard, and smoked paprika to make your Dijonnaise and set aside.
3. Toast your pretzel bun. Layer the vegan cheddar cheese on half of the pretzel bun, then briefly broil until cheese is melted.
4. Make your sandwich. Layer the pickled jalapenos, vegan Dijonaise, and Plant Provisions slices onto the side of the bun with the melted cheese. Top with other half of the bun, then enjoy!